“Culinary Short Breaks and “Cooking Together” cookery sessions .
Culinary Short Breaks
To make sure you find all the hidden gems of our valley we have evolved to be able to organize mini culinary breaks that we call “A taste of Val Chisone and Pinerolo”. These 3-5 day breaks are organized for small groups of 4-6 people.
We customize these depending on the time of year, interest of the group, and what ’s available.
You’ll be picked up from Torino or Pinerolo and not have to worry about a car for any of these trips. We customize your trip around our general tour plan. Many considerations go into the planning with the seasonality of the area and the rhythm of mountain life and all the activities that surround us.
Some of the activities that are available that can be included but are not not limited to are:
- 1-3 “Cooking Together” sessions
- Guided market and old town tour in addition to a cooking class, we call “Market to Table”
- Tomini cheese making demonstration and sampling in our upper Chisone valley
- Chocolate demonstration with some hands on experience and sampling
- Wine tasting at a vineyard, 1-2 possible
- Digesitvo tasting, herbal liqueurs, local traditional production and gathering
- Organic bee keepers visit during their season
- Visit to our Pinerolo “Eataly”
Other cultural points of interest and activities that could be mixed in:
- Chairlift ride up to the upper mountains, that could be a ride and walk with picnic with alternate plans for inclement weather, Only available July and August daily, September on the weekends only
- Fenestrelle Fortress visit (part of the upper valley tour) a longer guided visit with walk ½ way up can be arranged if there is real interest
- Tour of the upper valley tour taking in small villages with typical décor and mural painted walls
- There are several small museums in the area of local costume, furnishings, Cavalry museum or a private collection of the traditional Ghironda musical instrument, also known as a hurdy gurdy
- Meals in local mountain and valley trattorias, selected for their excellent traditional cuisine and charming ambiance and commitment to buying locally
- Italian style brew pub and grub or just a sampling their delicious beers and small microbrewery
- Walk with picnic
- Walk to a refugio with lunch and visit to an alpine dairy (middle of June to middle of September)
This gives you an idea of some of the possibilities that we can offer and organize to suit your group.
These trips can be organized any time of the year from April through October and during the Christmas/ New Year period, when you have a full group of 6.
In July and August we can only accommodate full groups of 6.
We have also done further afield trips into other parts of Piedmont, in the Susa valley, the wine region of the Langhe and Monferrato. These require other considerations and longer times frames 4-6 days, but are definitely possible .
Write us for information and pricing at Info@bellabaita.com